Dr. Annamalai Annamalai
Electrical & Computer
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of
- M.A.Sc., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of
- B.E. (First Class Honors), Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Science University of Malaysia, 1993
- Associate Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Prairie
View A&M University, U.S.A., September 2006 - presentFaculty Member,
Virginia Tech, U.S.A, January 2000 - August 2006
- Associate Director, Mobile and Portable Radio Research Group (MPRG),
January 2002 - August 2006
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Electrical and Computer
Engineering, University of Victoria, Canada, February 1999 -
- Graduate Research Assistant, Electrical and Computer
Engineering, University of Victoria, Canada, May 1995 - January 1999
- RF Design & Development Engineer, Motorola Land Mobile Products
Sector, Malaysia, May 1993 - April 1995
- Associate Engineer, Hewlett-Packard, Opto-electronics Division
(Die-Fabrication and Testing Department), Malaysia, January 1992 -
Dr. Annamalai has published well over 100 referred journal and
publications in the field of wireless communications over the past ten
A. Annamalai, S. Muthuswamy, D.
Sweeney, R. Buehrer, J. Ibrahim and Dong Ha, "Chapter 6: Receiver
Design Principles" An Introduction to Ultra Wideband Communication
Systems, Jeffrey H. Reed Ed., Prentice-Hall: 2005, pp. 253-377.
D. Sweeney, Dong Ha, A.
Annamalai, and S. Muthuswamy, "Chapter 5: Transmitter Design" An
Introduction to Ultra Wideband Communication Systems, Jeffrey H.
Reed Ed., Prentice-Hall: 2005, pp. 213-251.
C. Tellambura and A. Annamalai,
"Wireless Communication Systems Design," Wiley Encylopedia of
Telecommunications, Vol. 5, J. G. Proakis Ed., John Wiley & Sons:
2003, pp. 2915-2925.
A. Annamalai, C. Tellambura and
V. K. Bhargava, "A Unified Approach to Performance Evaluation of
Diversity Systems on Fading Channels," Chapter 17 in Wireless
Multimedia Network Technologies, Kluwer Academic Publishers:
Norwell, 1999, pp. 311-330.
link adaptation strategies for high mobility environments
Unequal error protection via asymmetric constellation design
Adaptive radio designs
Multi-layer wireless ad-hoc network design and optimization
Diversity mechanisms and cooperative communications
2001 IEEE Leon Kirchmayer
Prize Paper Award
2000 Natural Sciences and
Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Doctoral Prize
Distinguished Dissertation Award in Engineering, Medicine and Natural
1998 IEEE Daniel E. Noble
1998 Lieutenant Governorís
1998 IEEE ComSoc ICUPC'98
Best Student Paper Award
1997 Uniden Corporation
Research Award (ICPWC'97 Best Student Paper Award)
1993 Intel Technology-USM
Best Electronics Project Award for the project entitled, "Design and
Development of Computer-Aided ECG"